Things I Miss Most About Home (October Break Edition)

October 12th, 2017 egmuss20

Hi guys!

This week is Fall Break, so I am currently at home in Connecticut. I haven’t done anything exciting, but I’ve been getting some much-needed relaxation time and catching up on sleep.

Updates on life at Holy Cross:

Classes have been going fairly well. Last week was unofficial “midterms” week so I had two exams and a paper due, and after break, I have a project due and an exam later in the week. Classes are definitely harder this year, and I’ve been putting in much more studying time than last year, but my professors are all super helpful and definitely want me to succeed. (Hint: go to office hours!!)

In event of my time at home, I’m going to make a short list of what I miss most about home while I’m at school. Trust me, I LOVE Holy Cross, and most of the time I don’t even miss home, but sometimes, there are special things about being at home with your family that can’t be replaced.

1. Showering without shower shoes. This one is pretty obvious, but honestly, this is what I ALWAYS look forward to the most when I go home. Showering with flip flops isn’t that much of an inconvenience, but it’s nice to be able to put your feet on the shower floor without worrying about how many other dirty feet have stepped there before you.
  2. Home-cooked meals. Kimball has plenty of options, and is usually pretty good, but there is no replacement for home-cooked meals. My parents happen to both be especially good chefs, so I generally crave their food more than restaurant food.
  3. Dogs. This one is kind of sad for me, because my family doesn’t actually have a dog anymore (regardless of how many times I have begged my parents!!!), but I love being able to see all of my friends’ dogs and my grandma’s dog. But, I’m assuming for those of your with animals, you will miss your pets a ton while at school.
  4. Driving. I love driving, even if it’s just running to the grocery store for my mom. Though I’ve been told I’m not that great of a driver (oops), I still miss being able to drive around while at home.
  5. Family. I had to include this so I don’t seem like a heartless person, but it’s actually true!! I may be an adult now, and able to handle most situations by myself, but it’s still nice to go home and get support from the people that love you unconditionally.

Have a great October guys, and more soon!