Summer Break

June 11th, 2017 egmuss20

Hi from Connecticut!

By now, I am comfortably settled in at home for the summer. (I live in Shelton, Connecticut, for those of you who have not read my blog yet.) Since returning home, I have been doing a slightly concerning amount of relaxing. Compared to my previously busy schedule on campus, now I feel very unproductive, actually. For the summer, I will be tutoring an eleven-year-old boy, as well as babysitting on weekends. However, since school is still in session for the elementary-age children in my area, my job has not officially started yet (hence the relaxing).

I actually did take a few trips thus far, though. Most of my Dad’s relatives live in the Midwest, so I visited my grandmother and my aunts and uncles in Michigan for a week. I have also been to Cape Cod a few times, since a few of my friends have houses on the Cape. I’m also going to the Bahamas in August, which should be a lot of fun.

It’s been nice to have a break from the craziness of college life, but I do miss my friends and my home away from home. I don’t think I mentioned this in my last blog post, but Meaghan, my roommate next year, and I are going to be living in Clark next year. We were fortunate enough to end up on the same floor (2) with our other friends as well, which was a huge relief, considering we were close to living in Mulledy again.

You get to choose your roommate for sophomore year, and then you are both assigned a random time at when to pick your room. For rising sophomores, there were two days of housing from about 1 pm- 4pm on each day. We received 2:40 on the last day and we were worried about getting to pick the building we wanted. But, luckily, it worked out!

I will post another blog in July or August detailing the events of my summer. But right now, I’m just hoping to have a relaxing summer working and seeing my friends from high school.

Hope everyone has a great summer!