Finishing up Freshman Year

May 4th, 2017 egmuss20

Hi all!

Right now, there are only two days of classes left before our reading period and then finals start!

This weekend is Spring Weekend which includes a variety of activities like a concert by a well-known artist, a carnival, and DJs, food, and a dance. This year the performer is T-Pain (which is a REAL throwback to middle school) so it should be a lot of fun.

Although I complain endlessly about the amount of work here at college, I am really going to miss the atmosphere at HC this summer. Also, being home for a solid three-month period is going to feel very weird after being away for so long. My freshman year was actually one of the best years of my life and I’m thankful for all the experiences I’ve had and friendships I’ve made (not to be too cheesy).

Anyways, class-wise, next semester (Fall 2017) I am taking Microeconomic Theory, Econ Statistics, Touchstones 1A (an English class) and Introduction to Latin. I’ve never taken Latin before (I took French in high school) so it should be interesting to learn a new language. Plus, I think that the Latin roots and grammar will help me a lot in my writing and in my future as an English major.

Will be spending the rest of my less-than two weeks here in the library. Finals count for a BIG portion of my grade so it’s important that I study hard.

I’m excited for this summer though. I’ll be continuing my old job as a tutor and hopefully will be traveling around a little bit before starting up again at HC in the fall!

All the best,

Emma

As always, updated pictures:

(The pic on on the right is at Boulevard Diner. Try it! Pancakes are only $3 and soo good. Also the diner is open 24 hrs!)